Traveling and Trip details
- Transportation to the hotel and Belgrade is provided for those arriving on June 15th. After passing through customs the driver will be waiting with an “Opolo Tour” sign. If you arrive prior, you are responsible for transportation to the hotel.
Transportation to the airport is provided for those departing on June 30th. If you depart later, you are responsible for transportation to the airport. The hotel staff can assist you with these arrangements if needed.
June is the beginning of the Mediterranean summer months. Average daily temperatures are in the mid-seventies with highs in the eighties. Nights stay in the high fifties, low sixties. Afternoon thunderstorms and rain showers are possible but do not happen often.
- Clothing: Light clothes, T-shirts, shorts, comfy shoes. Bring long pants, a light jacket and/ or a sweatshirt for the evenings. Most places we go are casual so no need to bring anything fancy. Casual dresses and a sport coat are great but not needed. If you plan to attend any church services, be sure to pack appropriate clothing. All of the hotels have laundry service. We suggest only doing this at the hotels we stay at for multiple days.
- Toiletries: Most of the rooms are equipped with the normal toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. Hair dryers are available at most hotels as well.
- Other: Power adapter. They use plug type C and F. We suggest buying a universal power adapter to use in many countries. Suggestion: Travel Smart 3pk Continental Adapter Plug Set- available at Target for $9.99 or NEWVANGA International Universal All in One Worldwide Travel Adapter- available at Amazon for $11.99.
- Verizon Wireless: Offers “TravelPass” plans with talk, text, and data allowances for $10/ day or a monthly fee of $70 to $130.
- AT&T: Offers “Passport” plans ranging from a monthly fee of $70 to $140 depending on your talk, text and data needs.
- Prepaid Plans: Most carriers offer prepaid phones or sim cards. Some phones may be GSM compatible and accepts a sim card from any carrier. You could purchase a prepaid calling card once in Europe if compatible with your phone.
- WhatsApp: Free* Messenger App available for iPhone and other smartphones when using your phone’s Internet connection. Visit https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ on your mobile phone to install. * Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
- Viber: Free* Messenger App available on phones all over the world when using with a data plan or Wi-Fi connection. Visit https://www.viber.com/download/ on your mobile phone to install. * Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We suggest contacting your phone carrier and ask which plan is best for you and if you qualify for any special deals.
- Serbia = Serbian Dinar
- Croatia = Croatian Kuna
- Montenegro & Slovenia = Euro
- Herzegovina = Bosnia and Herzegovina Convertible Mark
Euros are universally accepted with larger merchants we’ll visit on the trip.
*Tips are accepted in any currency. Although they would prefer it be their country’s currency, they are willing to exchange it. They are grateful for any tip!
Credit and Debit Cards
Most accept cards for payment. If you have a debit card, you will be able to withdraw the appropriate currency in that country. We suggest letting your financial institution know about your travel plans to avoid any delay in your credit or debit card use.
Free Wifi is standard at the hotels
All hotels are non-smoking
Please let us know about any dietary restrictions and we will try to accommodate you. Please refer to Terms and Conditions for more information.
If you are interested in staying additional night pre or post stay, please let us know.